HB 71 (BR 403) - M. Marzian, J. Jenkins, S. Westrom
AN ACT relating to the penalty for violating handicapped parking requirements.
Amend KRS 189.990, relating to penalties for violations of traffic laws, to increase the penalty for violating handicapped parking rules from a fine of $20 to $100 to a fine of $250; require 100% of the $250 fine be dedicated to the personal care assistance program under KRS 205.900 to 205.920.
HB 71 - AMENDMENTS
HCS - Retain the provisions of the original bill with the following changes: Add a new Section 1 to amend KRS 189.456, relating to permanent parking placards, to reduce the time a permanent placard is issued from 6 years to 2 years; add a new Section 2 to amend KRS 189.458, relating to temporary parking placards, to reduce the time a temporary placard is issued from 6 months to 3 months and delete the ability to renew a temporary placard; renumber existing Section 1 as Section 3 and provide that the fine shall be divided by sending 90% of the fine moneys collected to the personal care assistance program created under KRS 205.900 to 205.920, and sending the remaining 10% to the county where the violation occurred and distributed equally to all law enforcement agencies within the county.
HCA (1/Title, H. Collins) - Make title amendment.
HFA (1, J. Vincent) - Retain the provisions of the committee substitute with the following change: In Section 1, provide that a person may renew a permanent handicapped parking placard twice, each for a period of two years, without any additional fee being charged the applicant.
HFA (2, M. Marzian) - Retain the provisions of the committee substitute with the following change: Amend Section 3 to make a technical correction that provides that fine moneys collected for a handicapped parking violation shall be collected and disposed by the circuit clerk into the State Treasury in accordance with KRS 24A.180, and that once deposited into the State Treasury, the fines are to be divided between the personal care assistance program and designated law enforcement agencies.
SFA (1, R. Roeding) - Retain the provisions of the GA Copy of HB 71 in their entirety and add a new section to create a Kentucky Colonel license plate.
SFA (2/Title, R. Roeding) - Make title amendment.
SFA (3, L. Casebier) - Retain the provisions of the GA Copy of HB 71 in their entirety and add two new sections to create a Support the Arts license plate and a Support Public Education license plate.
SFA (4/Title, L. Casebier) - Make title amendment.
(Prefiled by the sponsor(s).)
Jan 6-introduced in House; to Transportation (H)
Feb 3-posted in committee
Feb 12-reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar with Committee Substitute, committee amendment (1-title)
Feb 13-2nd reading, to Rules; floor amendment (1) filed to Committee Substitute
Feb 17-posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Wednesday, February 18, 2004; floor amendment (2) filed to Committee Substitute
Feb 23-3rd reading, passed 84-5 with Committee Substitute, committee amendment (1-title), floor amendments (1) and (2)
Feb 24-received in Senate
Feb 27-to Appropriations and Revenue (S)
Mar 23-taken from committee; 1st reading; returned to Appropriations and Revenue (S)
Mar 24-Reported favorably, 2nd reading, to Rules
Mar 25-posted for passage in the Consent Orders of the Day for Friday, March 26, 2004
Mar 26-passed over and retained in the Consent Orders of the Day
Mar 29-floor amendments (1) (2-title) (3) and (4-title) filed ; passed over and retained in the Consent Orders of the Day
Apr 12-3rd reading; floor amendments (1) (2-title) (3) and (4-title) withdrawn ; passed 38-0
Apr 13-received in House; enrolled, signed by each presiding officer; delivered to Governor
Apr 22-signed by Governor (Acts ch. 131)