920 KAR 1:030. Ombudsman complaint review responsibilities.
RELATES TO: KRS 194.030(4)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 194.050
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: As prescribed by KRS 194.030(4), the Office of the Ombudsman shall provide a review of citizen complaints of services of the Cabinet for Health and Family Services when complaints cannot be resolved through normal administrative remedies. KRS 194.050 provides that the Secretary of the Cabinet for Families and Children shall, by administrative regulation, develop policies and operate programs concerned with the welfare of citizens of the Commonwealth. This proposed administrative regulation sets forth the policies and procedures which will be employed by the Office of the Ombudsman when receiving and acting on citizens' complaints.
Section 1. Ombudsman Complaint Review Process. The Office of the Ombudsman shall:
(1) Process complaints and inquiries received from citizens pertaining to human service programs;
(2) Investigate complaints regarding programs administered by the Cabinet Health and Family Services and recommend corrective action where appropriate;
(3) Advise clients as to their rights, duties, and responsibilities;
(4) Assist clients and cabinet personnel in negotiating resolutions to problems which clients may have with any Cabinet Health and Family Services agency or program; and
(5) Advise the secretary relative to service delivery problems which have been identified by the ombudsman staff.
Section 2. Access to Records of Cabinet. The Office of the Ombudsman shall have access to any pertinent cabinet records relating to any client's case which is under investigation by the ombudsman, except as otherwise provided by law. (11 Ky.R. 103, eff. 8-7-84; Recodified from 900 KAR 1:030, 10-30-98.)