902 KAR 50:005. Grade A Milk Advisory Committee.
RELATES TO: KRS 217C.010-217C.990
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 211.090
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: The Secretary for Human Resources is directed by KRS 217C.070 to appoint a Grade A Milk Advisory Committee. This administrative regulation establishes procedures for the selection of nominees for appointment to the Grade A Milk Advisory Committee in accordance with KRS 217C.070.
Section 1. Procedure for the Selection of Nominees to the Grade A Milk Advisory Committee. The procedure for the selection of nominees for appointment by the Secretary for Human Resources to the Grade A Milk Advisory Committee shall be as follows:
(1) The secretary shall appoint three (3) processors or representatives thereof. Any organization representing Grade A processors in Kentucky may nominate two (2) candidates for each of the three (3) positions. In addition, any individual Grade A processor may submit his own name for consideration for appointment.
(2) The secretary shall appoint three (3) producers or representatives thereof. Any organization representing Grade A milk producers in Kentucky may nominate two (2) candidates for each position.
In addition, any individual Grade A milk producer may submit his own name for consideration for appointment.
(3) The secretary shall appoint two (2) citizens at large to represent consumers. Any organization which represents consumers in Kentucky may submit two (2) names for each position for consideration for appointment. Nominees shall not be directly connected with the producing, processing, or distribution of dairy products.
Section 2. Purpose and Operating Procedure. The purpose of the Grade A Milk Committee and its operating procedures are as follows:
(1) Committee advises the department on matters pertaining to the Grade A Milk Industry.
(2) Committee provides the department with technical review and comment on proposed new department administrative regulations or amendments to existing administrative regulations which may be promulgated and which regulate the Grade A Milk Industry.
(3) Committee also provides the department with other advice and direction it feels necessary.
(4) Members elect the chairperson and vice chairperson of the committee. The terms of the chairperson and vice chairperson are two (2) years unless their terms on the committee expire and they are not reappointed, or resignation occurs, or unless an additional election is called for by a majority vote of the committee members. The chairperson and vice chairperson may be eligible for reelection.
(5) Committee meets at least semiannually and on other occasions as may be necessary, on call of the chairperson or request of the Secretary, Cabinet for Human Resources. The meeting place and time are announced a minimum of five (5) days prior to the meeting. A total of five (5) of the nine (9) appointed members constitute a quorum.
(6) Any member may call a special meeting with the written endorsement of at least four (4) other committee members.
(7) The chairperson shall preside at all committee meetings and appoint subcommittees.
(8) Vice chairperson shall preside over committee meetings in the absence of the chairperson and serve as chairperson if the position is vacated until a new chairperson is elected by the members.
(9) If the chairperson and vice chairperson are absent from a regular or special meeting of the committee, the committee chooses a committee member as chairperson of that meeting. (2 Ky.R. 491; eff. 4-14-76; Am. 20 Ky.R. 658; eff. 10-21-93.)