RELATES TO: KRS 211.180, 219.021, 219.041, 219.340, 219.350, 219.390
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 194A.050(1), 211.180(2), 219.041(1), 219.340(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 194A.050(1), 211.180(2), and 219.041(1) authorize the Secretary for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services to establish by administrative regulation a schedule of reasonable fees to be paid by hotels, manufactured or mobile home communities, recreational vehicle communities, youth camps, and private water supplies to cover the cost of inspection and sampling activities carried out by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. This administrative regulation establishes the permit and inspection fees to be charged to hotels, manufactured or mobile home communities, recreational vehicle communities, youth camps, and private water supplies.
Section 1. Fees for Inspections. An annual fee shall be assessed for an inspection conducted by the cabinet or its representative of a hotel, manufactured or mobile home community, recreational vehicle community, or youth camp, or for sampling of a private water supply according to the following schedule:
(1) A hotel with:
(a) One (1) to twenty-five (25) rooms – $100;
(b) Twenty-six (26) to fifty (50) rooms - $125;
(c) Fifty-one (51) to 100 rooms - $150;
(d) 101 to 200 rooms - $175;
(e) 201 to 300 rooms - $200;
(f) 301 to 400 rooms – $225; or
(g) 401 or more rooms - $250;
(2) Youth camps:
(a) Day youth camp - seventy-five (75) dollars;
(b) Primitive youth camp - fifty (50) dollars; or
(c) Residential youth camp with:
1. One (1) to twenty (20) beds – seventy-five (75) dollars;
2. Twenty-one (21) to fifty (50) beds - $100; or
3. Fifty-one (51) or more beds - $125;
(3) A manufactured or mobile home community or recreational vehicle community – seventy-five (75) dollars; or
(4) Sampling of private water supply – fifty (50) dollars.
Section 2. Permit Fees for Hotels and Manufactured or Mobile Home Communities and Recreational Vehicle Communities. (1) An application for an annual permit to operate a hotel shall be accompanied by a fee of twenty-five (25) dollars.
(2) The fee for an annual permit to operate a manufactured or mobile home park, or recreational vehicle park shall depend on the number of spaces in the park as set forth in the following schedule:
(a) One (1) to ten (10) spaces - fifty (50) dollars;
(b) Eleven (11) to fifty (50) spaces - $150;
(c) Fifty-one (51) to 100 spaces - $160;
(d) 101 to 200 spaces - $170; or
(e) 201 or more spaces - $180.
(3) An application for a permit to construct or alter a manufactured or mobile home community or recreational vehicle community shall be accompanied by a fee of sixty (60) dollars.
Section 3. Payment of Fees. Fees shall be paid to the local health department having jurisdiction. Fees received by local health departments shall be deposited in the Kentucky State Treasury. Inspection fees shall be submitted with the application for a permit to operate.
Section 4. Exemptions. (1) A facility operated by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services or the Justice Cabinet shall be exempt from the payment of inspection fees.
(2) If a local health department samples a private water supply as part of an investigation of illness, the sample shall be taken without charging a fee. (9 Ky.R. 300; eff. 12-1-1982; Am. 14 Ky.R. 2083; eff. 8-3-1988; 16 Ky.R. 2787; eff. 7-8-90; 17 Ky.R. 528; eff. 9-19-1990; 19 Ky.R. 302; eff. 8-28-1992; 27 Ky.R. 1940; 2481; eff. 3-6-2001; 34 Ky.R. 424; 762; eff. 10-17-2007; 41 Ky.R. 2672; 42 Ky.R. 780; 1207; eff. 11-6-2015.)