RELATES TO: KRS 211.490, 211.492, 211.494, 211.496
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 211.494(8)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 211.494(8) authorizes the Department for Public Health to promulgate administrative regulations in accordance with KRS Chapter 13A to implement a statewide trauma care system. This administrative regulation establishes the criteria for use of a Trauma System Registry by a Level IV trauma center in the Kentucky trauma care system.
Section 1. Kentucky Trauma Registry. (1) The department shall establish a single statewide Kentucky Trauma Registry (KTR) through the Kentucky Injury Prevention Research Center to be the statewide repository for trauma data.
(2) Requests for data from the KTR shall be directed to the Kentucky Commissioner for Public Health.
(3) Requests for reports on a specific trauma center shall be addressed to the Trauma Coordinator or Trauma Program Manager of the trauma center in question.
(4) Pursuant to KRS 211.494(6), data obtained through a trauma registry shall be considered protected health information.
Section 2. Trauma Center Registries. (1) All trauma centers designated by the Commissioner of Public Health in the Kentucky Trauma Care System shall:
(a) Establish and maintain a trauma registry that is compatible with the NTDB standards established in the National Trauma Data Standard Data Dictionary, 2012 Admissions; or
(b) Have a secure, on-line system that is NTDB and HIPAA compliant.
(2) An individual trauma center registry shall have its new or updated trauma data uploaded electronically at least quarterly to the KTR.
(3) Trauma Registry. The inclusion criteria for the KTR shall be specified in the Kentucky Hospital Trauma Manual incorporated by reference in 902 KAR 28:030, Section 3.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "National Trauma Data Standard Data Dictionary, 2012 Admissions", July 2011, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Department for Public Health, Commissioner’s Office, 275 East Main Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 406012, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (26 Ky.R. 668; Am. 1008; eff. 11-15-1999; 38 Ky.R. 1679; 1862; eff. 6-1-2012.)