815 KAR 25:070. Certification of manufacturers of manufactured homes.
RELATES TO: KRS 227.560(1), 227.570, 227.590, 227.610, 227.620
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 227.590
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 227.590 requires the Manufactured Home Certification and Licensure Board to establish and the Office of State Fire Marshal to enforce administrative regulations governing standards for the manufacture and sale of manufactured housing. KRS 227.560(1) requires the board to issue certificates of acceptability to qualifying manufacturers. This administrative regulation establishes standards for certification of manufacturers of manufactured homes.
Section 1. Certificate of Acceptability. (1) Requirements for issuance. An applicant for a manufacturer's certificate of acceptability shall submit to the office:
(a) A completed Form HBCMH 1; and
(b) A certificate of acceptability fee in the amount of $500 for a full year, or a reduced amount prorated on a monthly basis for a period of less than a full year, by check or money order made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.
(2) A manufacturer who is also a retailer shall comply with retailer licensing provisions in 815 KAR 25:060.
(3) The office shall:
(a) Issue a correction notice to an applicant within thirty (30) days of receiving a defective or incomplete application specifying the defect;
(b) Deem the application abandoned and the fee forfeited for an applicant who fails to submit a corrected application within thirty (30) days of notice; and
(c) Process as a new application a corrected application submitted after the thirty (30) day period.
(4) A manufacturer shall notify the office, in writing, within thirty (30) days of a change in any of the following:
(a) Corporate name;
(b) Company address;
(c) Ownership interest of twenty-five (25) percent or more of the company within a twelve (12) month period;
(d) Location of a manufacturing facility;
(e) The number of facilities by virtue of the establishment of new manufacturing facility; or
(f) A principal officer of the firm.
(5) A change in ownership interest of less than twenty-five (25) percent of the company within a twelve (12) month period shall be reported at the time of the renewal of the certificate of acceptability.
(6)(a) A manufacturer who considers information relating to a building or in-plant quality control system to be proprietary shall designate the information as proprietary at the time of plan submission.
(b) The designated information shall be maintained and treated as proprietary by:
1. The office;
2. Inspection and evaluation personnel; and
3. Local enforcement agencies.
Section 2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Form HBCMH 1, Application of Certificate of Acceptability for Manufactured/Mobile Homes", September, 2007, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Office of Housing, Buildings and Construction, Manufactured Housing Section, 101 Sea Hero Road, Suite 100, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-5405, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (27 Ky.R. 2977; Am. 3260; eff. 6-8-2001; 34 Ky.R. 872; 1436; eff. 1-4-2008.)