815 KAR 20:170. Mobile home park waste systems and connections.
RELATES TO: KRS 318.130, 318.150
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 318.130
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: The office is directed by KRS 318.130 through the State Plumbing Code Committee to adopt and put into effect a State Plumbing Code. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for mobile home park waste syss fortems and connections and specifies the materials and the method that shall be used in installing the necessary plumbing to serve mobile homes.
Section 1. Sewers. (1) The main and branch sewers for the connections of mobile homes shall be laid at a uniform grade and alignment and all joints shall be water tight.
(2) Clean-outs shall be provided at intervals not to exceed 100 feet for main and branch sewers in sizes six (6) inches and smaller.
(3) The cleanouts shall be extended to the grade with cast-iron soil pipe and shall be provided with a clean-out plug.
(4) A four (4) inch concrete pad, eighteen (18) inches square, shall be provided around each clean-out.
(5) All main and branch sewers eight (8) inches and larger shall not require clean-outs but shall require standard manholes at intervals not to exceed 400 feet as well as in all changes in direction.
(6) Each mobile home shall be provided with a four (4) inch sewer.
(7) A three (3) inch waste connection shall be provided and extended one (1) inch above the grade using a three (3) inch standard female thread.
(8) A four (4) inch concrete pad twenty-four (24) inches square shall be provided around the waste opening.
(9) A three (3) inch screw plug shall be fastened by a chain to the concrete pad which shall be used if the mobile home opening is not in use.
(10) The waste pipe connection between the mobile home and the sewer waste opening shall be a waterproof connection constructed of either cast-iron, schedule 40 steel pipe, copper pipe or schedule 40 ABS or PVC piping.
Section 2. Individual Residential Mobile Home Waste System and Connection. (1) An individual residential mobile home shall either be connected to a municipal sewer system or to an approved private sewage disposal system in accordance with this section.
(2) Each mobile home shall be provided with at least a three (3) inch waste connection to the house sewer.
(3) All piping that does not have at least an eighteen (18) inch cover shall be cast-iron pipe.
(4) Waste connections between the permanent piping and the mobile home waste connection shall be a waterproof connection constructed of either cast-iron, schedule 40 steel pipe, copper pipe or schedule 40 ABS or PVC piping. (Recodified from 401 KAR 1:130, 7-5-78; Am. 17 Ky.R. 2895; eff. 5-3-91; TAm eff. 8-9-2007; 35 Ky.R. 2612; 36 Ky.R. 102; eff. 7-29-2009.)