RELATES TO: KRS 318.050, 318.054, 318.134
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 318.130
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 318.050, 318.054, and 318.134 authorize the office to establish license and permit fees. KRS 318.130 requires the department to establish a State Plumbing Code and authorizes the department to promulgate reasonable rules or administrative regulations to administer KRS Chapter 318. This administrative regulation establishes methods of payment of fees, a penalty for returned payments, and the requirements to receive a refund of installation permit payments.
Section 1. Fees. (1) Fees payable to the Division of Plumbing shall be paid by:
(a) Money order;
(c) Credit card;
(d) Debit card;
(e) Electronic funds transfer; or
(f) United States coins and currency.
(2) All fees shall be made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.
Section 2. Returned Payments. (1) If a fee is returned to the Division of Plumbing for nonpayment, the payor shall be assessed a fee of thirty-five (35) dollars, except if proof of fault of the financial institution is provided.
(2) A company or individual notified of a returned payment shall, for a period of six (6) months, make all payments to the Division of Plumbing by:
(a) Cashier’s check;
(b) Certified check;
(c) Money order;
(d) Electronic funds transfer; or
(e) United States coins and currency.
Section 3. Permit Refunds. A refund for an installation permit shall be given if:
(1) The refund request is made within twelve (12) months of purchase;
(2) Work has not begun on the project for which the permit was issued; and
(3) A processing fee of twenty (20) dollars is received by the Division of Plumbing. (33 Ky.R. 3308; Am. 4172; eff. 7-6-2007; 41 Ky.R. 1197; eff. 3-6-2015.)