815 KAR 8:035. Reciprocal licensing requirements.
RELATES TO: KRS 198B.664, 198B.666, 198B.668.
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 198B.654, 198B.666.
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 198B.654 and 198B.666 require the Board of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Contractors to establish requirements for reciprocal licensing of HVAC Master Contractors and HVAC Journeymen. This administrative regulation establishes the application process for obtaining a Kentucky HVAC license through reciprocity.
Section 1. An applicant for reciprocity shall:
(1) Comply with the requirements established in the reciprocity agreement between Kentucky and the state in which the applicant is licensed;
(2)(a) Submit the HVAC Reciprocity Application and the following application fee:
1. For a Master HVAC Contractor license, a nonrefundable application fee of $250 for a twelve (12) month license. The initial license fee may be prorated for not less than seven (7) months or more than eighteen (18) months and shall expire on the final day of the applicant's birth month; or
2. For an HVAC Journeyman license, a non-refundable application fee of fifty (50) dollars for a twelve (12) month license. The initial license fee may be prorated for not less than seven (7) months or more than eighteen (18) months and shall expire on the final day of the applicant's birth month.
(b) If both licenses are being applied for, an application fee shall be submitted for each license with each HVAC Reciprocity Application.
(3) Submit a completed Reciprocity HVAC Application, Form HVAC-30.
Section 2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "HVAC Reciprocity Application", Form HVAC-30, August 2010, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Housing, Buildings, and Construction, Division of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, 101 Sea Hero Road, Suite 100, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601-5405, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ( 37 Ky.R. 903; Am. 1211; eff. 11-17-2010.)