811 KAR 1:140. Post time; races per program; postponements.
RELATES TO: KRS 230.215, 230.260(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 230. 215(2), 230.260(3)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 230.215(2) and 230.260(3) authorize the Authority to promulgate administrative regulations prescribing the conditions under which horse racing shall be conducted in Kentucky. This administrative regulation establishes requirements for post times and horse numbering, the number of races authorized for each program, and postponements of races.
Section 1. Post Time. (1) If racing is conducted at night or twilight, the racing program shall be completed no later than 12:00 a.m., midnight.
(2) Post time for the first race of the evening shall be fixed by the licensee. A delay in the first post of not more than ten (10) minutes from the established post time may be taken without prior approval of the Authority.
Section 2. Number of Races Per Program. (1) If eight (8) races are programmed, four (4) completed races shall constitute a completed program.
(2) If nine (9) races are programmed, five (5) completed races shall constitute a completed program.
(3) If ten (10) or more races are programmed, six (6) completed races shall constitute a completed program.
Section 3. Postponements. (1) Racing shall not be conducted by a licensee over a track that is dangerous to drivers or horses.
(2) If inclement weather or other conditions appear to make the track dangerous, the presiding judge, a representative of the association, and a representative of the Kentucky Harness Horseman's Association shall determine whether racing shall be conducted or postponed.
(3) If a difference of opinion exists between the representative of the association and the representative of the Kentucky Harness Horseman's Association as to whether racing shall be conducted or postponed, the decision of the presiding judge shall be final.
Section 4. Penalties. A licensee that violates a provision of this administrative regulation shall have committed a Category 1 violation and shall be subject to the penalties set forth in 811 KAR 1:095, Section 4(1). (KTC 1-8 (Rule 31); 1 Ky.R. 1122; eff. 6-11-75; Am. 33 Ky.R. 977; 2967; eff. 4-6-07.)