805 KAR 4:050. Records.
RELATES TO: KRS 351.330, 331.335, 331.360
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS Chapter 13A, 351.335, 351.360
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 351.330 requires the Department for Natural Resources to require blasters to keep records. This administrative regulation specifies what records are to be kept.
Section 1. A record of each blast shall be kept. All records including seismograph reports shall be retained at least five (5) years and shall be available for inspection by the Department for Natural Resources and shall contain the following minimum data:
(1) Name of company or contractor.
(2) Exact location of the blast, date and time of detonation.
(3) Name, signature and license number of blaster in charge.
(4) Type of material blasted.
(5) Number of holes, burden and spacing.
(6) Diameter and depth of holes.
(7) Types of explosives used.
(8) Total amount of explosives used.
(9) Maximum amount of explosives per delay period of eight (8) milliseconds or greater.
(10) Method of firing and type of circuit.
(11) Direction, distance in feet, and identification of the nearest dwelling house, public building, school, church, commercial or institutional building neither owned nor leased by the person conduction the blasting.
(12) Weather conditions.
(13) Type and height or length of stemming.
(14) A statement as to whether mats or other protections against flyrock were used.
(15) Type of delay electric blasting caps used and delay periods used.
(16) The person taking the seismograph reading shall accurately indicate exact location of seismograph if used and shall also show the distance of seismograph from blast.
(17) Seismograph records, where required:
(a) Name of person and firm analyzing the seismograph record.
(b) Seismograph reading.
(18) Maximum number of holer per delay period of eight (8) milliseconds or greater.
(19) Sketch of blast pattern including number of holes, burden and spacing distance delay pattern, and if decking is used, a hole profile. (E&B-M&M-5; 1 Ky.R. 1073; eff. 6-11-75; Am. 17 Ky.R. 3265; eff. 6-26-91; TAm eff. 8-9-2007; TAm eff. 6-26-2014.)