804 KAR 4:390. License renewals.
RELATES TO: KRS 243.090(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 241.060(1), 243.090(1), EO 2008-507
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 243.090(1) requires the Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control to establish a year-round system for renewal of licenses. EO 2008-507, effective June 16, 2008, abolished the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet and established the new Public Protection Cabinet, and reorganized the Office of Alcohol Beverage Control as the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control. This administrative regulation establishes the system for license renewal.
Section 1. A licensee shall renew its license on or before the expiration date of the license as established in the document titled "ABC Table of License Expiration Dates by Zip Code".
(1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section, a licensee shall renew in the month listed under the column titled "Month License Expires" based on the zip code of the location for which the license was issued.
(2) The license of a statewide or out of state licensee shall expire in December.
(3) Unless a licensee notifies the department of its intent to renew premise licenses separately as provided in subsection (4) of this section, a licensee that holds a group license that covers multiple premises shall renew its licenses at the same time as follows:
(a) If the licensee’s name begins with a numeral or the letters A through L, the license shall expire in July; and
(b) If the licensee’s name begins with the letters M through Z, the license shall expire in August.
(4) If a licensee that holds a group license that covers multiple premises wants to renew the premise licenses separately, the licensee shall notify the board, in writing, of its intent to renew each premises separately. The licenses shall then be renewed using the license expiration date based on the zip code of each premise, as provided in subsection (1) of this administrative regulation.
(5) A licensee that holds more than one license shall not be required to send a letter requesting that its licenses be renewed separately or in a batch unless the licensee wishes to change its current renewal schedule from batch to separate or from separate to batch.
Section 2. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "ABC Table of License Expiration Dates by Zip Code," 07/15/04 edition, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control, 1003 Twilight Trail, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (31 Ky.R. 655; Am. 938; eff. 11-26-2004; 35 Ky.R. 1592; 1759; eff. 3-6-09.)