803 KAR 25:175. Filing of insurance coverage and notice of policy change or termination.


      RELATES TO: KRS 342.0011(22), 342.340(2)


      NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 342.340 requires an insurance carrier to file proof of workers' compensation insurance coverage for an employer and notice of policy change or termination on a form prescribed by the executive director. KRS 342.260(1) requires the executive director to promulgate administrative regulations necessary to carry on the work of the office. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements for filing proof of coverage and policy change or termination of coverage.


      Section 1. Definition. "Insurance carrier" is defined in KRS 342.0011(22).


      Section 2. Reporting Requirements. (1) Each insurance carrier shall file the information required on the Form POC-1 for each new policy or a change or termination of a policy.

      (2) The completed Form POC-1 shall be filed electronically with the Office of Workers’ Claims.

      (3) An electronic transmission of data shall have:

      (a) Demonstrated its reliability in tests rendered by the office; and

      (b) Received the approval of the executive director.


      Section 3. (1) The Office of Workers' Claims shall acknowledge a filing in an electronic format with either an acceptance or rejection to the carrier or its agent.

      (2) A report that is incomplete or provides incorrect information shall be rejected and not be considered in compliance with KRS 342.340(2) until the information is completed or corrected and refiled with the Office of Workers' Claims.


      Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Form POC-1", December 1996 Edition, Office of Workers' Claims, is incorporated by reference.

      (2) The material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Office of Workers' Claims, Prevention Park, 657 Chamberlin Avenue, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (24 Ky.R. 807; Am. 1113; 1262; eff. 12-15-97; 25 Ky.R. 1962; 2371; eff. 4-14-99; 30 Ky.R. 1084; 1509; eff. 1-5-04; TAm eff. 8-9-2007.)