803 KAR 2:406. Signs, signals, and barricades.
RELATES TO: KRS Chapter 338, 29 C.F.R. 1926
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 338.051(3), 338.061, 29 C.F.R. 1926
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 338.051(3) authorizes the Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board to promulgate occupational safety and health administrative regulations. KRS 338.061(2) authorizes the board to incorporate by reference established federal standards and national consensus standards. This administrative regulation establishes standards to be enforced by the Division of Occupational Safety and Health Compliance in the construction industry.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Administration" means the Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health Program, Frankfort, Kentucky;
(2) "Area director" means Director, Division of Occupational Safety and Health Compliance, Kentucky Labor Cabinet;
(3) "Assistant secretary" means Secretary of Labor, Kentucky Labor Cabinet;
(4) "U.S. Department of Labor" means Kentucky Labor Cabinet or U.S. Department of Labor.
Section 2. The construction industry shall follow the federal regulations incorporated by reference in Section 3 of this administrative regulation as modified by the definitions established in Section 1 of this administrative regulation.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) The revisions to 29 C.F.R. 1926.200, 1926.201, 1926.202, and Appendices, as published in the September 12, 2002, Federal Register, Volume 67, Number 177; and
(b) 29 C.F.R. Part 1926, revised as of July 1, 2002.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Kentucky Labor Cabinet, Division of Occupational Safety and Health Education and Training, 1047 U.S. 127 South, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(3) This material may also be obtained from the Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Services, General Services Administration. (16 Ky.R. 710; eff. 12-15-89; Am. 20 Ky.R. 2713; eff. 5-11-94; 29 Ky.R. 2355; eff. 5-15-03; TAm eff. 8-9-2007; TAm eff. 9-8-2011.)