Department of Workplace Standards
Division of Occupational Safety and Health Compliance
Division of Occupational Safety and Health Education and Training
(As Amended at ARRS, July 14, 2016)
803 KAR 2:307. Hazardous materials.
RELATES TO: KRS Chapter 338, 29 C.F.R. 1910.101-1910.126
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 338.051(3), 338.061
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 338.051(3) requires the Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board to promulgate occupational safety and health administrative regulations necessary to accomplish the purposes of KRS Chapter 338. 29 C.F.R. 1910.101-1910.126 establishes federal requirements relating to hazardous materials. This administrative regulation establishes hazardous materials standards to be enforced by the Department of Workplace Standards in general industry.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Assistant secretary" means Secretary, Labor Cabinet, or Commissioner, Department of Workplace Standards, Labor Cabinet.
(2) "C.F.R." means Code of Federal Regulations.
(3) "Employee" is defined by KRS 338.015(2).
(4) "Employer" is defined by KRS 338.015(1).
(5) "Standard" means "occupational safety and health standard" as defined by KRS 338.015(3).
Section 2. Except as modified by the definitions in Section 1 of this administrative regulation and the requirements established in Section 3 of this administrative regulation, general industry shall comply with the following federal requirements published by the Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Services, General Services Administration:
(1) 29 C.F.R. 1910.101-1910.126, revised
July 1, 2015 [
(2) The revisions to 29 C.F.R. 1910.106[
as published in the March 1, 2016, Federal Register, Volume
81, Number 40[ Federal Register][ 29 C.F.R. 1910.119
and 1910.120 as published in the February 8, 2013 Federal Register, Volume 78,
Section 3. Automotive Service Station. (1) The language in subsection (2) of this section shall apply in lieu of 29 C.F.R. 1910.106(a)(3).
(2) Automotive service station, or service station, shall include that portion of property where flammable or combustible liquids used as motor fuels are stored and dispensed from fixed equipment into the fuel tanks of motor vehicles and shall include any facilities available for the sale and service of tires, batteries, or accessories, and for minor automotive maintenance work, and shall also include private stations not accessible or open to the public such as those used by commercial, industrial, or governmental establishments. This section shall not apply to agriculture.
As approved by the Kentucky Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board.
DERRICK RAMSEY, Chairman
APPROVED BY AGENCY: May 10, 2016
FILED WITH LRC: May 13, 2016 at 11 a.m.
CONTACT PERSON: Kristi Redmon, OSH Standards Specialist, Kentucky Department of Workplace Standards, 1047 U.S. HWY 127 South, Suite 4, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, phone (502) 564-3504, fax (502) 564-1682.