780 KAR 7:010. Definitions for 780 KAR Chapter 7.
RELATES TO: KRS 151B.025(3), 151B.150
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.025(3)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.025(3) gives the Office of Career and Technical Education the responsibility for all administrative functions of the state in relation to the management, control, and operation of state-operated secondary area technology centers. This administrative regulation establishes the definitions for 780 KAR Chapter 7.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Area technology center" means a school primarily serving secondary students offering academic and occupational programs suitable for fulfilling high school credit requirements and attaining occupational goals and objectives.
(2) "Construction" means construction of new buildings and acquisition, expansion, remodeling, and alteration of existing buildings, and includes site grading, improvement, and architect fees.
(3) "Equipment" means a movable or fixed unit of furniture or furnishings, an instrument, a machine, an apparatus, or a set of articles which:
(a) Retains its original shape and appearance with use;
(b) Is nonexpendable;
(c) Costs $250 or more; and
(d) Does not lose its identity through incorporation into a different or more complex unit or substance.
(4) "Facility maintenance" means maintenance of the facility which includes all equipment and systems considered to be permanently installed as part of the facility.
(5) "Maintenance" means repairing, servicing, or replacing parts of the facility including the permanently installed equipment and systems and appropriate insurance as needed to assure proper protection and adequate and safe operating conditions.
(6) "Operation" means management of the education program offered in the facility and the necessary and ancillary services including the cost of salaries, equipment, supplies, materials, and transportation of students which are involved in the instructional program, and may include other reasonable costs of services and supplies needed in providing janitorial services and replacement of expendable supplies.
(7) "Replacement equipment" means those equipment items purchased to replace items that already exist in career and technology program.
(8) "Supplies" means an article or material which meets one (1) or more of the following conditions:
(a) Is consumed in use;
(b) Loses its original shape or appearance with use;
(c) Is expendable;
(d) Costs less than $250; or
(e) Loses its identity through incorporation into a different or more complex unit or substance. (17 Ky.R. 758; eff. 10-14-90; Am. 22 Ky.R. 376; 735; eff. 10-5-95; 26 Ky.R. 2326; 27 Ky.R. 965; eff. 10-16-2000; 35 Ky.R. 1903; eff. 5-1-09.)