780 KAR 6:050. Probationary periods.
RELATES TO: KRS 151B.035
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.035
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.035(11) requires the executive director of the Office of Career and Technical Education to promulgate administrative regulations governing the unclassified service. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements relating to probationary periods for unclassified staff in the Office of Career and Technical Education.
Section 1. (1) All unclassified staff shall serve an initial probationary period of six (6) months.
(2) The initial probationary period shall serve as an adjustment period for the newly appointed employee and as an evaluation period for management.
(3) Completion of the initial six (6) months of employment shall not indicate permanent status.
(4) An employee may be granted a five (5) percent increase in pay at the completion of the initial six (6) months.
(5) An employee who satisfactorily completes the initial probationary period in a given classification shall be eligible for continued employment.
(6) An employee who does not satisfactorily complete the initial probationary period shall not be eligible for reemployment in that job classification in the Office of Career and Technical Education. (17 Ky.R. 1279; eff. 12-9-90; 35 Ky.R. 1889; 2245; eff. 5-1-2009.)