780 KAR 6:030. Appointments.
RELATES TO: KRS 151B.035
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.035
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.035(11) requires the executive director of the Office of Career and Technical Education to promulgate administrative regulations governing the unclassified service. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements governing selection and appointments of unclassified personnel.
Section 1. Establishment and Abolishment of Positions. The appointing authority or his designee shall establish and abolish positions consistent with the classification and compensation plan of the unclassified service.
Section 2. Filing Applications. (1) Each application shall be submitted on an Application for Employment.
(2) Each applicant shall be signed and the truth of the statements contained herein certified by signature under penalty of removal for falsification and any criminal penalties that apply.
(3) The executive director shall authorize an individual to verify work experience and educational attainment of an applicant for any position in the unclassified service.
(4) The application shall be consistent with the state and federal equal employment opportunity guidelines.
Section 3. Minimum Qualifications for Filling. A position shall be filled by an applicant who meets the standards or requirements prescribed by the executive director with regard to education and experience and other factors as may be held to relate to the ability of the candidate to perform with reasonable efficiency the duties of the position.
Section 4. Selection of Employees. (1) The executive director shall make the selection of employees.
(2) An employee in an executive policy-making position shall serve at the discretion of the appointing authority contingent upon the approval of the secretary of the cabinet and the Governor.
(3) The selection and appointment of appropriate personnel shall be contingent upon approval of the secretary of the cabinet and the Governor.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The Application for Employment, December 2005, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Workforce Investment, Office of Career and Technical Education, Division of Human Resources, 500 Mero, Second Floor, Capital Plaza Tower, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (17 Ky.R. 1278; eff. 12-9-90; 35 Ky.R. 1887; 2244; eff. 5-1-2009.)