780 KAR 6:010. Classification plan.
RELATES TO: KRS 151B.035
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.035
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.035(1) requires the executive director to promulgate administrative regulations to govern the classification plan for unclassified service in the Office of Career and Technical Education. This administrative regulation establishes the classification plan for unclassified staff in the Office of Career and Technical Education.
Section 1. General Provisions. (1) The executive director shall prepare and recommend through the Secretary of the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet and to the Governor a classification plan for adoption.
(2) The plan shall be based upon similarity of duties performed and responsibilities assumed so that the same qualifications and the same schedule of pay apply to all positions in the same class.
(3) Each position shall be allocated to its proper class in the classification plan.
(4) The classification plan shall include for each class of position an appropriate title, description of duties and responsibilities, and the required education, experience, and other qualifications.
Section 2. Interpretation of Class Specifications. (1) Class specifications shall be descriptive, explanatory, and designed to indicate the kinds of positions to be allocated to the various job classifications as determined by their characteristics, duties, and responsibilities.
(2) Characteristics of a class shall be general statements indicating the level of responsibility and discretion of positions in that job classification.
(3) Examples of duties or responsibilities shall not be construed as describing what the duties or responsibilities of any position shall be and shall not limit the executive director's ability to take, add to, or otherwise alter the duties and responsibilities of a position. The use of an individual expression or illustration as to duties or responsibilities shall not be regarded as excluding assignments of others not mentioned which are of similar kind or quality.
(4) Minimum requirements shall be comprehensive statements of the minimum background as to education, experience, and other qualifications which shall be required in all cases as evidence of an appointee's ability to perform the work properly.
Section 3. Official Copy of Class Specifications. (1) The Office of Career and Technical Education shall maintain a master set for all approved class specifications. These specifications shall constitute the official class specifications for the classification plan. The copies of the specification of each job classification shall indicate the date of adoption or the last revision of the specification.
(2) The Office of Career and Technical Education shall provide class specifications for inspection to any employee or the public under reasonable conditions during regular business hours.
Section 4. Title of Position. (1) The title of the job classification to which a position has been allocated shall be used to designate that position in all payroll and other official records, documents, vouchers, and communications in connection with all personnel processes.
(2) An office title, abbreviation or code symbol may be used in lieu of the class title for purposes of internal administration or for any other purpose that does not involve personnel processes. (17 Ky.R. 1276; eff. 12-9-90; 35 Ky.R. 1884; 2243; eff. 5-1-2009.)