780 KAR 3:030. Appointments.
RELATES TO: KRS 151B.035
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.035
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.035(3)(e) and (f) require the executive director to promulgate comprehensive administrative regulations for the selection of employees and type of appointments for certified and equivalent personnel. This administrative regulation establishes the requirements governing selection and appointments of certified and equivalent personnel.
Section 1. Notice of Classes, Minimum Qualifications, and Vacancies. (1) An official list developed by the Division of Human Resources of all classifications and minimum qualifications shall be posted in each area business office and each division office for public review.
(2)(a) All vacancies shall be posted in all facilities on a statewide basis for a minimum of ten (10) days.
(b) The vacancy posting shall be on a Kentucky Tech School System Vacancy Posting Notice form and shall contain the title, minimum qualifications, and other pertinent information about the vacancy.
Section 2. Establishment and Abolishment of Positions. The appointing authority or his designee shall establish and abolish positions consistent with the provisions of KRS 12.060 and the classifications and compensation plan of the certified and equivalent personnel system.
Section 3. Filing Applications. (1) Each application shall be submitted on an Application for Employment.
(2) The application shall be signed and the truth of the statements therein certified by a signature under penalty of removal for falsification and any criminal penalties that apply.
(3) The executive director shall authorize individuals to verify work experience and educational attainment of an applicant for a position in the certified and equivalent personnel system.
(4) The application shall be consistent with the state and federal equal employment opportunity guidelines.
Section 4. Minimum Qualifications for Filing. A position shall be filled by an applicant who meets the standards or requirements prescribed by the executive director with regard to education and experience and any other factors as may be held to relate to the ability of the candidate to perform with reasonable efficiency the duties of the position.
Section 5. Selection of Employees. The Division of Human Resources shall maintain a central referral list which shall be compiled and submitted to area business for inclusion in the consideration of qualified applicants.
Section 6. (1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, the appointing authority or his designee shall fill an appointment through the consideration of a list of recommendations submitted by a designated interview committee composed of no less than three (3) or more than seven (7) members, supervisory recommendations, or peer recommendations.
(2) The procedure for determining the composition of the designated interview committee shall be determined by the appointing authority or his designee.
(3) The committee shall make recommendations to the designated Office of Career and Technical Education official as determined by the appointing authority.
(4) If deemed in the best interest of the Commonwealth, the appointing authority shall not utilize an interview committee.
Section 7. Incorporation by Reference. (1) The following material is incorporated by reference:
(a) Kentucky Tech School System Vacancy Posting Notice, August 2006; and
(b) Application for Employment, December 2005.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Workforce Investment, Office of Career and Technical Education, Division of Human Resources, 500 Mero, Second Floor, Capital Plaza Tower, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (17 Ky.R. 732; eff. 10-14-90; 35 Ky.R. 1902; 2226; eff. 5-1-2009.)