RELATES TO: KRS 151B.035, 161.605
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.035
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.035(1) and (3)(c) requires the Executive Director of the Office of Career and Technical Education to promulgate comprehensive administrative regulations to govern the pay plan for all certified and equivalent staff and unclassified staff. This administrative regulation establishes the compensation plan for employees of the Office of Career and Technical Education.
Section 1. (1) Appointments. A new certified or equivalent employee or reentering certified or equivalent employee shall be appointed at the salary specified on the Minimum Salary Schedule for Certified and Equivalent Staff commensurate with education rank and experience. An employee in an administrative position may be provided an index adjustment commensurate with the scope of administrative or supervisory responsibility in addition to the base salary as specified for the particular job classification.
(2) A retired certified or equivalent employee returning to work in a position covered by the Kentucky Teachers' Retirement System shall not be placed on the salary schedule referenced in this section, but shall be paid pursuant to the requirements of KRS 161.605(1) and (2).
Section 2. Salary Adjustments. (1) Promotion.
(a) A certified or equivalent employee who is promoted to a classified position shall receive a salary increase of five (5) percent unless his current salary is above the minimum on the salary schedule. If the employee's salary is above the minimum, the five (5) percent increase shall be at the discretion of the appointing authority.
(b)1. A certified or equivalent employee promoted to an unclassified position in the Office of Career and Technical Education shall receive a salary increase of five (5) percent upon promotion unless his current salary is above the minimum. If the employee's salary is above the minimum, the salary increase shall be at the discretion of the appointing authority.
2. If the promotion is to a position which constitutes an unusual increase in the level of responsibility, the executive director may grant upon promotion a ten (10) percent to twenty (20) percent salary increase over the employee's previous salary.
(a) A certified or equivalent employee in the Office of Career and Technical Education who is demoted shall have his salary adjusted to not more than sixty (60) percent above the proper cell within the salary schedule. This salary shall not exceed ninety-five (95) percent of the salary which the employee was receiving prior to the demotion.
(b) An unclassified employee in the Office of Career and Technical Education who is demoted to a certified or equivalent position shall have his salary adjusted to not more than sixty (60) percent above the proper cell within the salary schedule. This salary shall not exceed ninety-five (95) percent of the salary which the employee was receiving prior to the demotion.
(3) Rank changes. A certified or equivalent employee shall have a salary adjustment retroactive to July 1 for educational rank changes which are confirmed by September 30 of each year.
(4) A certified or equivalent employee who administers the National Occupational Competency Testing Institute Performance Test on a Saturday shall be paid fifty (50) dollars per hour to administer the exam.
(5) A certified or equivalent employee shall be paid at a rate of $100 per lesson plan for each lesson plan that is utilized as a model for other classes located in the area technology centers.
(6) A certified or equivalent employee shall be compensated for participating in specific projects relating to professional or curriculum development, staff exchange, and the integration of academics in career and technical education outside of normal working hours, subject to the provisions and requirements of the Kentucky state plan for career and technical education, 780 KAR 1:010. The rate or payment shall be determined in the approved project proposal.
(7) Other salary adjustments.
(a) The Executive Director for the Office of Career and Technical Education may authorize performance bonuses in lump sum payments for outstanding job performance for nonprobationary status employees in any fiscal year in which monies are available.
(b) A full-time permanent employee working as a dual appointment in the certified or equivalent employment may be paid equal to the hourly rate of his full-time position salary, up to one and five-tenths (1.5) times that hourly rate.
Section 3. Salary Advancements. (1) The Minimum Salary Schedule for Certified and Equivalent Staff shall be adjusted each year. All certified and equivalent staff shall receive a salary increase not less than the percentage increase provided other state employees. This increase shall be provided July 1. Salary adjustments for those entitled employees shall be retroactive to July 1 of each year once the salary schedule is confirmed by September 30 of each year.
(2) Annual salary increments for unclassified employees shall occur commensurate with each person's established increment date.
Section 4. Paid Overtime. If applicable, certified and equivalent employees and unclassified employees shall be awarded overtime payments in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, 29 U.S.C. 201 et seq.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "The Minimum Salary Schedule for Certified and Equivalent Staff", July 1, 2008, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Workforce Investment, Office of Career and Technical Education, Division of Human Resources, 500 Mero, Second Floor, Capital Plaza Tower, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (17 Ky.R. 731; eff. 10-14-1990; Am. 18 Ky.R. 3527; eff. 8-1-1992; 32 Ky.R. 966; 1618; eff. 3-31-2006; 35 Ky.R. 1900; 2226; eff. 5-1-2009.)