780 KAR 2:040. Live work projects.
RELATES TO: KRS 151B.025(3)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 151B.025(3)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 151B.025(3) gives the Office of Career and Technical Education the responsibility for all administrative functions of the state in relation to the management, control, and operation of state-operated secondary area vocational education and technology centers. This administrative regulation establishes the procedures for accepting live work projects in a Kentucky TECH facility.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Kentucky TECH" means the system of state-operated secondary technical education programs.
(2) "Live work" means a project, which meets a curriculum requirement, completed for an individual or organization.
Section 2. A Kentucky TECH school may accept live work projects if the administrative and instructional staffs deem them appropriate for training purposes.
Section 3. A Kentucky TECH school that accepts live work shall adhere to the requirements established in this section.
(1) All services performed shall be documented on a completed Work Order - Agreement Work Order form.
(2) The school administrator shall be responsible for all unused work order forms and assigning and recording all services performed in a work order log book.
(3) An individual or organization requesting live work shall be provided a copy of the school's policy for accepting and performing live work. A person committing live work shall sign the policy form indicating that he understands the policies and agrees with them.
(4) A live work order shall be approved and initialed by the school administrator and by the instructor of the class. Live work shall not be approved for an instructor in his program for his own personal use.
(5) If a live work project requires more than one (1) hour labor, the individual or organization requesting the live work shall pay the fee established in 780 KAR 2:140, Section 9.
(6)(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this subsection, a person or organizations for whom live work is accepted shall purchase the necessary materials for the job to be completed.
(b) With the permission of the person or organization, the school may purchase the materials and recover the costs of the materials plus twenty (20) percent for handling. The Kentucky TECH school may require the students participating in the live work project to reimburse or purchase the materials required for the project.
(7) A payment shall not be handled by an instructor. Live work orders shall not be released until payment for parts, supplies, and other cost items has been made and documented by authorized personnel in the school.
(8) Projects of a family member or other individual shall not be accepted in the name of a student.
(9) A school employee shall not:
(a) Guarantee or be liable for live work; or
(b) Be responsible for the theft or loss of an article left in a school.
Section 4. A Kentucky TECH school shall not be obligated to accept live work projects. Live work of a production nature and in competition with business or industry or for the purpose of making a profit shall not be done.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Education Work Order - Agreement form", July 2008, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Office of Career and Technical Education, Capital Plaza Tower, 20th Floor, 500 Mero Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 to 4:30 p.m. (17 Ky.R. 717; eff. 10-14-90; Am. 22 Ky.R. 357; 724; eff. 10-5-95; 26 Ky.R. 2319; 27 Ky.R. 961; eff. 10-16-2000; 35 Ky.R. 1854; 2223; eff. 5-1-09.)