702 KAR 1:080. Transfer of annexed property; hearing.
RELATES TO: KRS 160.045
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 156.070, 156.160, 160.045
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 160.045 requires the Kentucky Board of Education to conduct an administrative hearing concerning the transfer of annexed property when statutory conditions are met. This administrative regulation establishes the determinations that the state board shall make when it approves the transfer of property in an administrative hearing held in accordance with KRS 160.045 and Chapter 13B.
Section 1. Upon receipt of a petition of a board of education by reason of the provisions of KRS 160.045, the chief state school officer, or his designated representative, shall conduct an impartial investigation of the facts and conditions attendant to the proposed annexation and provide each affected board of education a report which sets forth the factual findings of his investigation and his recommendations based upon those findings.
Section 2. The Kentucky Board of Education shall, in case of approval of transfer of property:
(1) Specify the effective date of transfer;
(2) Determine the ratio of the current assessed value of all property in the district relinquishing the property;
(3) Specify the amount required to repay the transferred property's proportionate share of the district's current bonded indebtedness;
(4) Calculate the amount and when payment shall be made to the district relinquishing the property; and
(5) Specify pertinent details which will affect the transfer of property. (2 Ky.R. 394; eff. 3-10-76; Am. 6 Ky.R. 496; eff. 5-7-80; 17 Ky.R. 424; eff. 10-14-90; 23 Ky.R. 1426; 2467; eff. 12-5-96.)