601 KAR 9:100. Alternate procedures.
RELATES TO: KRS 186A.135, 186A.140
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 186A.135, 186A.140
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation provides an alternate method for the issuance of registration certificates when the Automated Vehicle Information System (AVIS) has been rendered inoperable.
Section 1. In the event the Automated Vehicle Information System (AVIS) becomes inoperable, the following procedures shall be followed:
(1) When the AVIS becomes temporarily inoperable, the county clerk shall use temporary receipts to issue registrations.
(2) The Commissioner of the Department of Vehicle Regulation shall determine the extent of calamity and prescribe the method of production of registrations during the period that the AVIS is inoperable. This determination shall be consistent with the concept that liens associated with motor vehicles will be filed with the county clerk and that a title will be issued by the Department of Vehicle Regulation.
(3) Should the AVIS be rendered inoperable for an extended period of time, the county clerk shall request permission from the Commissioner of the Department of Vehicle Regulation to manually type registrations during the period of outage.
(4) The county clerk shall not produce any registrations until the Commissioner of the Department of Vehicle Regulation has approved the production method, if by means other than the AVIS.
(5) When the AVIS again becomes operable, the county clerk shall be responsible for entering into the AVIS all transactions that occurred during the outage. (10 Ky.R. 328; eff. 1-4-84.)