601 KAR 1:029. Definitions relating to 601 KAR 1:030 through 601 KAR 1:145.
RELATES TO: KRS Chapter 281, 281.600-218.763, 281.790-281.860
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 281.600
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: To assure uniformity of all terminology in the administrative regulations relating to motor carriers.
Section 1. (1) The definitions set forth in KRS 281.010-281.014 shall have the same meaning and effect in the administrative regulations of the Transportation Cabinet which relate to motor carriers: 601 KAR 1:030 through 601 KAR 1:145.
(2) "Approval" means written approval.
(3) "Authorized carrier" means a person duly qualified with the cabinet to engage in the transportation of persons or property for hire in either interstate commerce, or intrastate commerce in Kentucky, or both.
(4) "Delivery" means handing the legal document or paper to the attorney or to the party; or leaving it at his office with the person in charge thereof; or, if there is no one in charge, leaving it in a conspicuous place therein, or if the office is closed, or the person to be served has no office, leaving it at his dwelling house or his place of abode with some person of suitable age and discretion then residing therein.
(5) "Filing" means the receipt of a signed or attested document in the Transportation Cabinet, Division of Hearings, at 501 High Street, Frankfort, Kentucky, during regular office hours.
(6) "Manifest" means a complete listing of all shipments on a truck. The manifest shall refer to the freight bill of each shipment by individual pro number, and show the weight of each shipment and the origin and destination of each shipment.
(7) "Party" means either an applicant, complainant, respondent, or a person who has filed a protest in accordance with 601 KAR 1:030.
(8) "Property" means general commodities, both hazardous and nonhazardous, excluding household goods and passengers.
(9) "Qualified equipment" means a motor vehicle duly and currently registered and licensed for the transportation of persons or property for hire in intrastate commerce in Kentucky by an authorized carrier who may properly conduct such transportation.
(10) "Restrictive amendment" means an amendment to an application which limits the scope of the original application.
(11) "Service" when regarding a legal document or paper means the delivery of a copy to the other party or his attorney, or by mailing it to him at his address of record. (17 Ky.R. 165; Am. 1062; eff. 9-4-90; 18 Ky.R. 2691; eff. 4-3-92; 22 Ky.R. 1719; 2295; eff. 6-6-96.)