505 KAR 2:220. Registration.
RELATES TO: KRS 15A.210-15A.240
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15A.210
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.210 mandates that the Department of Juvenile Justice issue administrative regulations governing juvenile detention centers and juvenile holding facilities.
Section 1. The following information, as defined, shall be included in the registration:
(1) "Agency administrator" means the person responsible for the day-to-day operation of the facility.
(2) "Agency director" means the person who oversees the operation of the facility and reports to the governing authority.
(3) "Bed capacity" means the total number of beds and their allotment as requested in 505 KAR 2:210, Section 4.
(4) "Client information" means the type of youth served and average length of detention for each type. Types include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Public offenders;
(b) Status offenders;
(c) Nonoffenders (dependent, neglected, abused);
(d) Preadjudicative; and
(5) "Contact person" means the agency administrator or the person designated by the agency administrator as liaison with the Department of Juvenile Justice.
(6) "Facility identifier" means the name of the juvenile detention facility.
(7) "Fiscal" means those agencies and organization that allot funds for operation of the facility.
(8) "Governing authority" means the organization ultimately responsible for ownership of the facility. This may be the county fiscal court, the city council or board of directors or trustees.
(9) "Physical plant" means the floor plans or a copy of the floor plans if any changes have been made after prior filing with the Department of Juvenile Justice.
(10) "Programming" means the listing of all services and programming of the facility such as medical or education.
Section 2. Each juvenile facility that is in operation shall register with the Department of Juvenile Justice on an annual basis.
Section 3. A one (1) time processing fee of fifty (50) dollars shall accompany each registration filed with the Department of Juvenile Justice pursuant to this administrative regulation. (26 Ky.R. 1305; Am. 1556; eff. 2-14-2000.)