505 KAR 2:180. Citizen and volunteer involvement.
RELATES TO: KRS 15A.210-15A.240
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15A.210
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.210 mandates that the Department of Juvenile Justice issue administrative regulations governing juvenile detention centers and juvenile holding facilities.
Section 1. (1) The facility shall establish and enforce written policies and procedures which:
(a) Provide for securing citizen involvement in programs, including roles as advisors and interpreters between the program and the public, direct services and cooperative endeavors with juveniles under supervision;
(b) Specify the lines of authority, responsibility and accountability for the volunteer services program;
(c) Provide for the screening and selection of volunteers, allowing for recruitment from all cultural and socioeconomic segments of the community;
(d) Provide a system for identification of volunteers while they are in the facility; and
(e) Provide that the administrator curtails, postpones or discontinues the services of a volunteer or volunteer organization when there are substantial reasons for doing so.
(2) A staff member shall be responsible for coordinating the volunteer services program.
(3) Prior to assignment, each volunteer shall complete an orientation and training program appropriate to the nature of the assignment.
(4) Volunteers shall agree in writing to abide by all facility policies, particularly those relating to security and confidentiality of information.
(5) Written policy shall specify that volunteers perform professional services only when certified or licensed to do so.
(6) There shall be provisions for volunteers to participate in the establishment of policy and procedure for the volunteer services program. (26 Ky.R. 1298; Am. 1554; eff. 2-14-2000.)