505 KAR 2:170. Release preparation and transfer programs.
RELATES TO: KRS 15A.210-15A.240
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15A.210
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.210 mandates that the Department of Juvenile Justice issue administrative regulations governing juvenile detention centers and juvenile holding facilities.
Section 1. The facility shall adopt and enforce written procedures for releasing juveniles which shall include the following:
(1) Verification of identity;
(2) Verification of release papers;
(3) Completion of release arrangements, including the person or agency to whom the juvenile is to be released;
(4) Return of personal effects;
(5) Completion of grievances, claims for damages or lost possessions, or other pending actions;
(6) Medical screening and arrangements for community follow-up when needed;
(7) Transportation arrangements; and
(8) Instructions on forwarding of mail. (26 Ky.R. 1297; Am. 1553; eff. 2-14-2000.)