505 KAR 1:010. Definitions.
RELATES TO: KRS 15A.300
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15A.300
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.300 requires the Department of Juvenile Justice to promulgate administrative regulations that relate to the formation, operation and duties of local juvenile delinquency prevention councils, as well as the administration and operation of the grant program. This administrative regulation sets forth definitions that apply to 505 KAR Chapter 1.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of the Department of Juvenile Justice.
(2) "Community Juvenile Justice Partnership Grant Program" means the grant program utilizing state general funds for a local community to support the development of a prevention program.
(3) "Comprehensive plan" means the plan developed and adopted by the council, and approved by the commissioner, that directs the development and funding of programs and initiatives of the council for a designated period of time.
(4) "Council" means the local juvenile delinquency prevention council whose members are appointed by the Commissioner of the Department of Juvenile Justice.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Juvenile Justice.
(6) "Juvenile Justice Advisory Board" means the board created by KRS 15A.065.
(7) "Local community" means the area represented by the council.
(8) "Plan year" means the period beginning July 1 of the fiscal year for which the commissioner approves a council's comprehensive plan, and ending on June 30 of the fiscal year.
(9) "Regional director" means the Department of Juvenile Justice Regional Director for the area in which the council is based. (25 Ky.R. 1485; Am. 1872; eff. 2-18-99; 30 Ky.R. 423; 864; eff. 10-31-2003.)