503 KAR 4:010. Definitions for 503 KAR Chapter 4.
RELATES TO: KRS 237.110(2)(f)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 237.110(2)(f)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 237.110(2)(f) requires the department to promulgate administrative regulations concerning the: (1) certification and decertification of firearms instructors practicing in Kentucky; and (2) firearms safety and training courses or classes that are: (a) approved by the department; or (b) conducted by the department or by a firearms instructor certified by the department. This administrative regulation establishes the definitions for administrative regulations relating to: (1) the certification of firearms instructors; and (2) firearms safety and training courses or classes.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Applicant training course" means a firearms safety or training course or class required by KRS 237.110(2)(f) that:
(a) The department:
1. Conducts; or
2. Has approved; or
(b) Is conducted by firearms instructors certified by the department.
(2) "Certifying agency" means the Department of Criminal Justice Training or federal agency that qualifies students as competent with firearms.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
(4) "Instructor candidate" means a person who is taking a firearms safety or training course or class in order to qualify as a firearms instructor.
(5) "Instructor trainer" means a firearms instructor who has been certified by the department to train qualified firearms instructors.
(6) "Certified firearms instructor" means a person who has been certified by the department to teach applicant training courses.
(7) "Student" means a person taking an applicant training course. (23 Ky.R. 1283; Am. 1587; eff. 9-17-96.)