RELATES TO: KRS 15.330, 15.450(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15.330(1)(h)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15.330(1)(h) authorizes the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council to promulgate reasonable administrative regulations to implement KRS 15.310 through 15.404. This administrative regulation defines terms used in 503 KAR Chapter 1.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Applicant" means an individual seeking certification pursuant to KRS 15.380 to 15.404 from the council as a peace officer through a law enforcement agency.
(2) "Approval" means the act of the council in deciding that the requirements for a law enforcement officer, school, or instructor, pursuant to KRS 15.310 to 15.515 and 15.990 to 15.992, have been met.
(3) "Certification" means:
(a) Approval by the council; and
(b) Issuance of a certificate from the council as evidence of its approval.
(4) "DOCJT" means the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
(5) "Fund" means the Law Enforcement Foundation Program Fund of the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet as established in KRS 15.430.
(6) "Fund administrator" means the person responsible for administering the Law Enforcement Foundation Program Fund.
(7) "In-service" means a training course that is available to a certified officer who has previously completed a KLEC approved basic training academy.
(8) "POPS" means the Executive Director of the Office of Peace Officer Professional Standards, an administrative branch of the council, located at the Funderburk Building, Eastern Kentucky University, 521 Lancaster Road, Richmond, Kentucky 40475-3102.
(9) "Recognized school" means a school that has not been certified by the council (for example, an out-of-state school), but is considered to provide training equal to or greater than similar training offered by the department.
(10) "Recruit" means a person attending the basic training course conducted by the basic training section of the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
(11) "Significant life change" means divorce, change in employment, death of a family member, change of residence, bankruptcy or other economic hardship, or other modification which has substantial impact on an individual.
(12) "Submit" means mail, transmit by facsimile, or transmit via electronic means and is completed upon receipt by the person to whom it was directed.
(13) "Trainee" means a person attending a training course (other than the law enforcement basic training course) conducted by a training section of the Department of Criminal Justice Training. (11 Ky.R. 1537; eff. 5-14-1985; Am. 25 Ky.R. 613; 1870; eff. 2-18-1999; 41 Ky.R. 326; 747; eff. 10-31-2014.)