503 KAR 1:060. Definitions for 503 KAR Chapter 1.
RELATES TO: KRS 15.330, 15.450(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15.330(1)(g), 15A.160
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.560 authorizes the Secretary of the Justice Cabinet to promulgate administrative regulations. This administrative regulation defines terms used in 503 KAR Chapter 1.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Applicant" means an individual seeking certification pursuant to KRS 15.380 to 15.402 from the council as a peace officer through a law enforcement agency.
(2) "Approval" means the act of the council in deciding that the requirements for a law enforcement officer, school, or instructor, pursuant to KRS 15.310 to 15.510 and 15.990 to 15.992, have been met.
(3) "Certification" means:
(a) Approval by the council; and
(b) Issuance of a certificate from the council as evidence of its approval.
(4) "DOCJT" means the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
(5) "Fund" means the Law Enforcement Program Fund of the Kentucky Justice Cabinet as established in KRS 15.340.
(6) "Fund administrator" means the person responsible for administering the Law Enforcement Foundation Program Fund.
(7) "POPS" means the Executive Staff Advisor of the Office of Peace Officer Professional Standards, an administrative branch of the council, located at 415 Funderburk Building, Eastern Kentucky University, 521 Lancaster Road, Richmond, Kentucky 40475-3102.
(8) "Recognized school" means a school that has not been certified by the council (e.g., an out-of-state school), but considered to provide training equal to or greater than similar training offered by the department.
(9) "Recruit" means a person attending the basic training course conducted by the basic training section of the Department of Criminal Justice Training.
(10) "Significant life change" means divorce, change in employment, death of a family member, change of residence, bankruptcy or other economic hardship, or other modification which has substantial impact on an individual.
(11) "Trainee" means a person attending a training course (other than the law enforcement basic training course) conducted by a training section of the Department of Criminal Justice Training. (11 Ky.R. 1537; eff. 5-14-85; Am. 25 Ky.R. 613; 1870; eff. 2-18-99.)