502 KAR 45:075. Register.
RELATES TO: KRS 16.050
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 16.050
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 16.050 requires the State Police Personnel Board to promulgate administrative regulations which include provisions for the establishment of eligibility lists as a result of competitive examinations, from which lists vacancies shall be filled. This administrative regulation establishes a register for the employment of cadet troopers.
Section 1. (1) The commissioner shall determine the number of cadet trooper positions required to be filled.
(2) The commissioner shall base his determination upon:
(a) The needs of the department;
(b) Projected attrition; and
(c) Authorized strength levels.
Section 2. (1) The commissioner shall propose a register of applicants eligibles for appointment as a cadet trooper to the State Police Personnel Board.
(2) Upon approval by the board, the commissioner shall establish a register of applicants eligible for appointment as a cadet trooper.
Section 3. (1) A register shall be effective for a period of twelve (12) months.
(2) If an applicant who has been placed on a register is not selected for employment within twelve (12) months of his placement on the register, he:
(a) Shall be removed from the register; and
(b) May reapply for employment.
Section 4. An applicant may be placed on a register if the applicant has:
(1) Successfully completed the:
(a) Written examination;
(b) Content Based Task Test;
(c) Oral interview; and
(2) Not been disqualified as a result of a background investigation.
(3) The applicants who shall undergo a background investigation shall be determined by:
(a) An applicant's combined Content Based Task Test and the oral interview scores; and
(b) The number of positions required to be filled.
Section 5. (1) Except as provided by subsection (2) of this section, an applicant shall be placed on the register in rank order, determined by the combined score on an applicant's Content Based Task Test and oral interview.
(2) Applicants who receive the same score shall be ranked by random draw, with veterans receiving preference as provided by KRS 16.040(3).
Section 6. (1) Except as provided by this section, the commissioner shall select eligible applicants for appointment as cadet troopers from the register in rank order.
(2) The commissioner may deviate from the rank order of the register if he determines that it is necessary to correct a manifest imbalance of minorities or women in the department.
Section 7. The commissioner may remove a candidate from the register for the following reasons:
(1) Upon receipt of reliable information indicating grounds for disqualification or deferral;
(2) If the candidate cannot be located by postal authorities;
(3) If the candidate:
(a) Declines an offer of employment;
(b) Fails to respond to an offer of employment;
(c) Notifies the department that he no longer wishes to be considered for employment; or
(d) Upon the expiration of a period of twelve (12) months from the date of his placement on the register. (19 Ky.R. 2183; Am. 2409; eff. 5-10-93; 22 Ky.R. 961; eff. 1-8-96; 23 Ky.R. 3094; 3566; eff. 4-15-97.)