502 KAR 45:045. Written examination.
RELATES TO: KRS 16.050, 16.080(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 16.050, 16.080(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 16.050 and 16.080(1) require the establishment of open competitive examination of applicants for employment as troopers. This administrative regulation establishes the criteria for the written examination.
Section 1. The written examination shall be:
(1) Practical in nature; and
(2) Designed and constructed to reveal the capacity of the applicant for employment as a sworn officer of the department.
Section 2. (1) An examination shall be administered at the times and places designated by the commissioner.
(2) The commissioner may direct that an examination be conducted regionally if he finds a regional examination to be convenient and practicable.
Section 3. An applicant may take the examination:
(1) Two (2) times in a twelve (12) month period.
(2)(a) If an applicant fails the written examination, he may notify the recruitment office of the department that he wishes to retake the examination.
(b) If he has notified the recruitment office as provided by this subsection, he:
1. May retake the written examination once; and
2. Shall retake the next written examination that is scheduled at least thirty (30) days after the written examination the applicant failed.
Section 4. An applicant shall have submitted a completed application prior to taking the written examination.
Section 5. An examination shall be rated impartially.
Section 6. An applicant shall be informed of his score.
Section 7. The written examination shall be pass/fail. (19 Ky.R. 2180; Am. 2408; eff. 5-10-93; 22 Ky.R. 958; 1305; eff. 1-8-96; 23 Ky.R. 3092; 3564; eff. 4-15-97.)