502 KAR 45:035. Application and selection process.
RELATES TO: KRS 16.040, 16.050(7), 16.080(1)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 16.040, 16.050(7), 16.080(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 16.040, 16.050(7) and 16.080(1) grant the Commissioner of the Kentucky State Police the authority to establish criteria for the appointment of department officers. This administrative regulation establishes eligibility requirements for applicants and the application form to be submitted by applicants.
Section 1. Eligibility Requirements for Testing. An applicant shall be eligible to take the written examination established by 502 KAR 45:045 and, if otherwise eligible, the Content Based Task Test established by 502 KAR 45:150 and the oral interview established by 502 KAR 45:055 if the applicant:
(1) Meets the requirements established by KRS 16.040(2)(b), (c) and (d);
(2) Is at least twenty-one (21) years of age; and
(3) Possesses a valid driver's license against which not more than six (6) points are currently assessed.
Section 2. Application. (1) An applicant shall complete "Kentucky State Police - Cadet Trooper Application for Employment" form.
(2) An applicant shall type or print legibly in ink the information requested on the "Kentucky State Police - Cadet Trooper Application for Employment" form.
Section 3. Documents Submitted with Application. An applicant shall attach the following documents with his application:
(1) Certified copy of the applicant's birth certificate;
(2) A certified copy of college or university transcripts, if applicable;
(3) If an applicant has had at least two (2) years experience in law enforcement:
(a) A certified copy of the applicant's high school diploma or GED certificate; and
(b) A notarized letter from his law enforcement employer, stating:
1. Whether the applicant was a full-time, sworn officer; and
2. The period during which the applicant was employed.
(4) If an applicant has had at least two (2) years' active duty experience in the military, a copy of the applicant's:
(a) DD214, or a notarized letter from the applicant's commanding officer verifying the applicant's length of service; and
(b) A certified copy of the applicant's high school diploma or GED certificate.
Section 4. Filing of Application. (1) An applicant may mail or submit his application to the Kentucky State Police Recruitment Office, 919 Versailles Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601.
(2) An applicant may make an appointment to submit his application at the nearest state police post or driver testing station in Louisville or Lexington.
(3) When an application is filed, an applicant shall choose a date and time to report for the written examination from the list of examinations furnished by the department pursuant to 502 KAR 45:045.
(4) If an applicant is not selected to participate in a phase of the selection process established by 502 KAR Chapter 45, he shall not reapply for a twelve (12) month period following the date upon which he first took the written examination.
Section 5. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Kentucky State Police - Cadet Trooper Application for Employment 02-97", is incorporated by reference.
(2) It may be inspected, copied, or obtained at the Department of State Police, Recruitment Office, 919 Versailles Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (19 Ky.R. 2179; Am. 2408; eff. 5-10-93; 21 Ky.R. 549; eff. 10-10-94; 22 Ky.R. 957; eff. 1-8-96; 23 Ky.R. 3091; 3564; 3763; eff. 4-15-97.)