502 KAR 45:005. Definitions.
RELATES TO: KRS 16.040, 16.050
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 16.040, 16.050, 16.080
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 16.040 requires the Commissioner of State Police to prescribe minimum physical requirements for persons appointed as state police officers, and to conduct tests to determine the fitness and qualifications of applicants. KRS 16.080 authorizes the commissioner to adopt administrative regulations for the enlistment of officers. KRS 16.050 requires the State Police Personnel Board to adopt administrative regulations to provide for competitive examination as to the fitness of applicants for employment as officers, and for the establishment of eligible lists for employment based upon competitive examination. This administrative regulation establishes the definitions to be used in the administrative regulations concerning the selection process.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Applicant" means a fully-qualified person as contemplated in KRS 16.040 who submits an employment application for the position of cadet trooper and who participates in the selection process.
(2) "Appointment" means selection by the commissioner of a cadet trooper for employment as an officer, upon successful completion of basic training at the Kentucky State Police Academy.
(3) "Cadet trooper" means an applicant for employment as an officer who is selected by the commissioner to attend the Kentucky State Police Academy and conditionally employed as a trainee.
(4) "Candidate" means an applicant for employment who has successfully completed all phases of the selection process and whose name has been placed on the register.
(5) "Content Based Task Test (CBTT)" means the physical fitness test consisting of simulated essential job tasks, used to determine if applicants can perform the essential job tasks required during basic training at the Kentucky State Police Academy.
(6) "Register" means the list of persons eligible for selection as a cadet trooper. (19 Ky.R. 2176; Am. 2407; eff. 5-10-93; 22 Ky.R. 954; 1305; eff. 1-8-96; 23 Ky.R. 3090; eff. 4-15-97.)