502 KAR 35:010. Definitions.
RELATES TO: KRS 17.450, 17.460
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15A.160, 17.080, 17.450
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.160 and 17.080 provide that the Secretary of Justice may adopt such administrative regulations that are necessary to properly administer the cabinet. KRS 17.450 establishes the Kentucky Missing Child Information Center. This administrative regulation establishes the definitions to be used in the administration of the Kentucky Missing Child Information Center.
Section 1. As employed in 502 KAR 35:010 through 502 KAR 35:050, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Kentucky Missing Child Information Center" means a system including equipment, facilities, procedures, agreements and organizations thereof, for the collection, processing, and subsequent dissemination of information related to missing children.
(2) "Missing child information," hereafter referred to as MCI, is reported to and preserved in the Kentucky Missing Child Information Center. MCI shall be inclusive of, but not limited to all information as listed on the Kentucky Missing Persons Report Form.
(3) "Kentucky Missing Persons Report Form" means the form furnished to all requesters by the Kentucky State Police for the purpose of obtaining personal identifiers, characteristics, habits and actions for use in the entry of information in the Kentucky Missing Child Information Center.
(4) "Law enforcement agency" means a full-time governmental agency or any subunit thereof which is charged with the responsibility of the detection and prevention of crime, apprehension of criminals, the maintaining of law and order throughout the respective jurisdiction, to collect, classify and maintain information useful for the detection of crime and the identification, apprehension and conviction of criminals and to enforce laws within that respective governmental jurisdiction.
(5) "Child" means any person under eighteen (18) years of age or any persons certified or known to be mentally incompetent or disabled. (12 Ky.R. 91; eff. 8-13-85.)