502 KAR 13:080. Incomplete application for certification to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004 (''LEOSA''), 18 U.S.C. 926C, for honorably retired elected or appointed peace officers.
RELATES TO: KRS 237.110, 237.138, 237.140, 237.142, 18 U.S.C. 926C
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 237.140
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 237.140 provides for the certification of honorably retired elected or appointed peace officers to carry a concealed deadly weapon pursuant to 18 U.S.C. 926C and requires the Kentucky State Police to promulgate administrative regulations to implement the certification provisions. This administrative regulation establishes the reasons an application form shall be deemed incomplete and the required procedures for the department.
Section 1. Definition. (1) "License" means the document indicating the approved certification pursuant to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004, 18 U.S.C. 926C.
Section 2. An application form shall not be considered complete if:
(1) It does not meet the requirements of 502 KAR 13:010;
(2) It contains erroneous information; or
(3) An item of the application form is illegible or incomprehensible.
Section 3. If the department determines that an application form is incomplete pursuant to the Section 1 of this administrative regulation, the department shall notify the applicant on a "Missing Information/Document" of the:
(1) Reason the application form has been determined to be incomplete; and
(2) The action required to complete the application form.
Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Missing Information/Document", 01/09/07, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Criminal Identification and Records Branch, Kentucky State Police, 1250 Louisville, Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The phone number for the Criminal Identification and Records Branch is (502) 227-8700. (34 Ky.R. 1321; Am. 1725; eff. 2-1-2008.)