501 KAR 7:100. Food services.
RELATES TO: KRS 441.055
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 196.035, 197.020, 441.055
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 441.055 requires the Department of Corrections to promulgate administrative regulations establishing minimum standards for jails that house state prisoners. This administrative regulation establishes procedures for the delivery of proper food services in restricted custody centers.
Section 1. Procedures. (1) The center shall comply with KRS 217.280 through 217.390 and 902 KAR 45:005.
(2) The jailer shall provide adult prisoners with a nutritionally adequate diet containing at least 2,400 calories per day.
(3) The jailer shall provide for religious diets in accordance with 501 KAR 3:130 after review and approval of a religious authority.
(4) The jailer shall provide for medical diets if prescribed by a medical authority.
(5) The center shall maintain accurate records of all meals served.
(6) Food shall not be used for disciplinary purposes.
(7) A nutritionist or dietician shall approve the nutritional value of the center menu on an annual basis. (8) Jail personnel shall directly supervise all food prepared within the center.
(9) All food shall be served under the direct supervision of jail personnel.
(10) The center shall have sufficient cold and dry food storage facilities if food is prepared in the center. (13 Ky.R. 825; eff. 11-11-86; Am. 34 Ky.R. 1197; 1973; eff. 3-7-2008; 37 Ky.R. 2984; eff. 10-7-11.)