500 KAR 12:010. Duplicate records request fee schedule.
RELATES TO: KRS 72.255
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 72.260
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 72.260 authorizes the Justice Cabinet to establish a schedule of fees for issuing duplicate records from the Medical Examiner’s Office and provides that one (1) free copy of the records shall be provided to the coroner and either the county or Commonwealth's Attorney concerned. This administrative regulation establishes a fee schedule for the duplicate records.
Section 1. Definition. "Special stain" means a stain other than the standard Hematoxylin and Eosin.
Section 2. Duplicate Records Fees. (1) Kodachromes shall be one (1) dollar each.
(a) Four (4) inch x six (6) inch prints shall be three (3) dollars each.
(b) Five (5) inch x seven (7) inch prints shall be five (5) dollars each.
(c) Eight (8) inch x ten (10) inch prints shall be seven (7) dollars each.
(3) Glass histology slides shall be twelve (12) dollars per slide.
(4) X-rays shall be ten (10) dollars each.
(5) Written records shall be one (1) dollar per page.
(6) Special stains shall be forty (40) dollars per slide.
(7) There shall be a twenty-five (25) dollars processing and handling fee for each special laboratory testing duplicate record request.
Section 3. Procedure for Requesting Duplicate Records. To obtain duplicate records from the Medical Examiner’s Office, a person shall:
(1) Complete a "Commonwealth of Kentucky Medical Examiner Duplicate Records Request" form;
(2) Enclose a check or money order payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer for the amount of the records requested; and
(3) Submit the request form and payment to the appropriate regional Medical Examiner’s Office.
Section 4. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Commonwealth of Kentucky Medical Examiner Duplicate Records Request" form, (l/01 edition), Medical Examiner’s Office, is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at:
(a) The Medical Examiner’s Office, Urban Government Center, 810 Barrett Avenue, Louisville, Kentucky 40204; or
(b) The Medical Examiner’s Office, Central Lab, 100 Sower Boulevard, Suite 202, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601. (27 Ky.R. 2271; Am. 28 Ky.R. 80; eff. 7-16-2001.)