500 KAR 9:010. Definitions.
RELATES TO: KRS 218A.410 et seq., 1990 Ky. Acts ch. 445
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 218A.435(8), 218A.440(4)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This administrative regulation provides the definitions of certain terms used in 500 KAR Chapter 9 which pertain to asset forfeiture as required by KRS Chapter 218A to be promulgated by the Justice Cabinet.
Section 1. As employed in these administrative regulations, unless the context requires otherwise, the following words and phrases have the following meanings:
(1) "Secretary" means the Secretary of the Justice Cabinet.
(2) "Cabinet" means the Justice Cabinet.
(3) "Program coordinator" means the person within the office of the secretary who has been designated to coordinate the cabinet's duties with regard to asset forfeiture.
(4) "Controlled Substances Act" means the statutes concerning controlled substances found in Title XVIII, Chapter 218A of the Kentucky Revised Statutes, and any amendments or successors thereto.
(5) "Trust fund" means the asset forfeiture trust fund created by KRS 218A.435.
(6) "Direct law enforcement purpose" means any activity of a law enforcement agency as defined in the Controlled Substances Act which materially facilitates enforcement of the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
(7) "Law enforcement agency" shall include any governmental body or agency which employs one (1) or more law enforcement officers as that term is defined in KRS 15.310(3) and shall expressly include, but not be limited to, airport authorities, university and college public safety departments, and any agency of the state which has as its primary mission the detection, prevention and investigation of crime throughout the state. (17 Ky.R. 162; eff. 9-13-90; Am. 2218; eff. 4-5-91.)