RELATES TO: KRS 61.360
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 15A.160
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 15A.160 authorizes the secretary of the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet to promulgate administrative regulations in accordance with KRS Chapter 13A and direct proceedings and actions for the administration of all laws and functions which are vested in the cabinet, except laws and functions vested in the Department for Public Advocacy. This administrative regulation defines terms used in 500 KAR Chapter 3 which pertain to the administration of KRS 61.360, "The Special Local Peace Officer Act", by the Governor or his designee.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Cabinet" means the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet.
(2) "Commission" means a commission issued to an individual by the Secretary of the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet, entitling the individual to perform special local peace officer duties on specific private property.
(3) "Private property" means specific real property currently owned by an individual, company, or agency in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
(4) "SLPO" means Special Local Peace Officer.
(5) "SLPO program administrator" means the administrator appointed by the Secretary of the Justice Cabinet to administer the Special Local Peace Officer Program whose address is: SLPO Program Administrator, Justice and Public Safety Cabinet, 125 Holmes Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601.
(6) "Special local peace officer," means one who meets the requirements of KRS 61.360 and whose duties include:
(a) The protection of specific private property from intrusion, entry, larceny, vandalism, abuse, waste, or trespass;
(b) The prevention, observation or detection of, or apprehension for, unlawful activity on specific premises;
(c) The control of the operation and parking of motor vehicles, bicycles, and other vehicles, and the movement of pedestrian traffic on specific private property; and
(d) The answering of any intrusion alarm on specific private property. (13 Ky.R. 452; eff. 9-4-1986; 35 Ky.R. 628; 1186; 12-5-2008; TAm eff. 12-20-2016.)