401 KAR 50:025. Classification of counties.
RELATES TO: KRS Chapter 224
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 224.10-100
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 224.10-100 requires the Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet to prescribe administrative regulations for the prevention, abatement, and control of air pollution. This administrative regulation provides for the classification of counties with respect to various pollutants.
Section 1. Counties in the Commonwealth of Kentucky shall be classified with respect to sulfur dioxide as follows:
(1) Class I: Jefferson County;
(2) Class IA: McCracken County;
(3) Class II: Bell County, Clark County, Woodford County;
(4) Class III: Pulaski County;
(5) Class IV: Webster County, Hancock County;
(6) Class IVA: Muhlenberg County;
(7) Class V: All other counties not specifically listed within this section;
(8) Class VA: Boyd County. (5 Ky.R. 357; eff. 6-6-79; Am. 9 Ky.R. 935; eff. 6-1-83; TAm eff. 8-9-2007.)