401 KAR 40:001. Definitions related to 401 KAR Chapter 40.
RELATES TO: KRS 224.01, 224.10, 224.40, 224.43, 224.46, 224.50, 224.99
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 224.10-100, 224.46-520, 224.46-530, 224.99-010
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: This chapter establishes standards for enforcement and compliance monitoring of hazardous waste and solid waste management and practices. This administrative regulation defines essential terms that are used in this chapter.
Section 1. Definitions. Unless otherwise specifically defined in KRS Chapter 224 or otherwise specifically indicated by context, terms in 401 KAR Chapter 40 shall have the meanings given in this Section.
(1) "Cabinet" shall have the meaning specified in KRS 224.01-010.
(2) "Contamination" means the degradation of naturally occurring water, air, or soil quality either directly or indirectly as a result of human activities.
(3) "Hazardous waste" shall have the meaning specified in KRS 224.01-010.
(4) "Operator" means any person responsible for overall operation of an on-site or off-site waste facility, including any private contractor conducting operational activities at a federal facility.
(5) "Owner" means any person who owns an on-site or off-site waste facility, or any part of a facility.
(6) "Permittee" means any person holding a valid permit issued by the cabinet to manage, treat, store, or dispose of waste.
(7) "Person" shall have the meaning specified in KRS 224.01-010.
(8) "Secretary" shall have the meaning specified in KRS 224.01-010.
(9) "Solid waste" shall have the same meaning as KRS 224.01-010.
Section 2. Acronyms and Abbreviations. Unless otherwise specifically indicated by context, acronyms and abbreviations used in 401 KAR Chapter 40 shall have the meaning as identified in Table 1 of this administrative regulation.
Table 1. Acronyms and Abbreviations.
Kentucky Administrative Regulation
Kentucky Revised Statute
(23 Ky.R. 1205; eff. 3-12-97.)