RELATES TO: KRS 223.160-220, 224.01-010(9), 224.73-110, EO 2009-538
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 223.200, 224.10-100, 224.10-110, 224.73-110, EO 2009-538
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 224.10-110 authorizes the cabinet to promulgate administrative regulations concerning the certification of wastewater operators. KRS 223.200 requires the cabinet to promulgate administrative regulations concerning the certification of water treatment and distribution system operators. EO 2009-538, effective June 12, 2009, establishes the new Energy and Environment Cabinet. This administrative regulation establishes definitions applicable to the certification of wastewater and water operators.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Applicant" means a person who has submitted an application to take an examination for certification.
(2) "Board" means:
(a) The Kentucky Board of Certification of Wastewater System Operators; or
(b) The Kentucky Board of Certification of Water Treatment and Distribution System Operators.
(3) "Cabinet" is defined by KRS 224.01-010(9).
(4) "Certificate" means a certificate of competency issued by the cabinet stating that the operator has met the requirements for the specified operator classification as established by 401 KAR Chapter 11.
(5) "Certified operator" means an individual that holds an active certified operator's certificate issued in accordance with 401 KAR 11:050.
(6) "Core content" means the information identified as essential by the board for purposes of certification examination and continuing education training.
(7) "Direct responsible charge" means personal, first-hand responsibility to conduct or actively oversee and direct procedures and practices necessary to ensure that the drinking water treatment plant or distribution system is operated in accordance with accepted practices and with KRS Chapters 223 and 224 and 401 KAR Chapters 8 and 11.
(8) "Operator" means a person involved in the operation of a wastewater treatment plant, wastewater collection system, drinking water treatment plant, or drinking water distribution system.
(9) "Primary responsibility" means personal, first-hand responsibility to conduct or actively oversee and direct procedures and practices necessary to ensure that the wastewater treatment plant or wastewater collection system is operated in accordance with accepted practices and with KRS Chapter 224 and 401 KAR Chapters 5 and 11. (35 Ky.R. 473; Am. 1210; eff. 3-6-2009; 36 Ky.R. 449; 1047; eff. 2-5-2010.)