302 KAR 39:010. Agritourism.
RELATES TO: KRS 247.800-247.810
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 247.810
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 247.810 authorizes the Commissioner of Agriculture, in conjunction with the Secretary of the Tourism Development Cabinet, to promulgate administrative regulations to implement the provisions of KRS 247.800 to 247.810. This administrative regulation sets forth standards for approval by the department of temporary agritourism sites.
Section 1. Definition. "Temporary agritourism site" means a seasonal, agricultural-related tourism activity held on a working farm.
Section 2. Requirements for Approval. To be approved as a temporary agritourism site, an application shall be submitted to the department four (4) weeks prior to the start of the agritourism event and the site shall comply with the following requirements:
(1) Off-the-road parking shall be available for vehicles. Vehicles shall not be permitted to park on any federal, state, or county road, highway, or right-of-way under any circumstances.
(2) Public restrooms shall be available for visitors to the event.
(3) Days and hours of operation shall be posted at the entry to the temporary agritourism site.
(4) The owner or operator of the temporary agritourism site shall maintain a general liability insurance policy that provides coverage for the temporary agritourism event. Proof of the required liability insurance shall be submitted to the department with the application for approval.
Section 3. Incorporation by Reference. (1) "Application for Temporary Agritourism Site (March 2003)" is incorporated by reference.
(2) This material may be inspected, copied, or obtained, subject to applicable copyright law, at the Department of Agriculture, Office of Marketing and Product Promotion, 100 Fair Oaks, 5th Floor, 500 Mero Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (30 Ky.R. 177; Am. 586; eff. 9-10-2003.)