301 KAR 5:050. Purchasing licenses electronically.
RELATES TO: KRS 150.195, 150.225, 150.235, 42 U.S.C. 666(a)(13)
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.025(1), 150.195(1)
NECESSITY, FUNCTION AND CONFORMITY: KRS 150.195 requires the department to provide for the issuance of all licenses and permits. This administrative regulation establishes the procedures for purchasing licenses over the internet or the telephone.
Section 1. A person may remotely purchase a license or permit from the department by:
(1) Connecting through the internet or by telephone; and
(2) Providing the following information at the time the license is purchased:
(a) Full name;
(b) Complete mailing address;
(c) Date of birth;
(d) Social Security number;
(e) Telephone number or e-mail address;
(f) Credit card or electronic transfer information;
(g) If the purchaser wishes to purchase a disabled license, he shall provide the number from the licensee’s unexpired disability authorization card; and
(h) If a waterfowl permit was purchased, the Kentucky Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program information as required by 301 KAR 5:040.
(3) Upon completion of the license transaction, the department shall issue an authorization number to the license purchaser.
(4) The authorization number shall serve in lieu of the paper license. A person, while performing an act authorized by the license, shall carry upon his person and present upon request to a law enforcement officer:
(a) The authorization number;
(b) Identification that has a picture and date of birth; and
(c) If the purchaser purchases a disabled license, an unexpired disability authorization card issued to the license recipient and proof of Kentucky residency
(5) A person using an authorization number in lieu of a deer, elk, or turkey permit shall:
(a) Before hunting, write his name, address and applicable authorization number on a card;
(b) Immediately after taking an animal, write the date the animal was taken, the species and the sex of the animal on the card;
(c) Complete any check-in procedure required for that species, write the telecheck authorization number on the card; and
(d) If the carcass is out of the hunter’s possession, the hunter shall attach another card to the carcass containing the hunter’s name, address, authorization number, date the animal was taken, species, and telecheck authorization number, if already obtained. (26 Ky.R. 1266; Am. 1536; eff. 2-14-2000; 30 Ky.R. 2349; eff. 7-14-04; 33 Ky.R. 526; 1078; eff. 10-11-06; 34 Ky.R. 623; 1397; eff. 12-12-07.)