301 KAR 5:001. Definitions for 301 KAR Chapter 5.
RELATES TO: KRS 150.195
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.195
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: To define the terms used in 301 KAR Chapter 5.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Agents of county clerks" means the business establishments included on the list submitted to the department by county clerks of their authorized license agents as of July 16, 1994.
(2) "Commission" is defined by KRS 150.010(4).
(3) "Commissioner" is defined by KRS 150.010(5).
(4) "Department" is defined by KRS 150.010(8).
(5) "License agent" means a county clerk, government office or business authorized to sell licenses and conduct other transactions for the department.
(a) "Governmental agent" means a license agent who is a county clerk or the representative of another federal, state, or local governmental entity.
(b) "Out-of-state agent" means a license agent who sells licenses at a location outside the boundaries of Kentucky.
(6) "License stock" means the blank paper upon which licenses are printed by the POS device.
(7) "POS device" means a point-of-sale computer terminal, printer, and associated hardware, software, and connecting cables used to generate licenses and record license sale data.
(8) "POS licenses" means the licenses or permits authorized by KRS 150.175 and 301 KAR 3:022 which are available for sale through POS devices.
(9) "Transaction" means the purchase or sale of a license, permit, or product, or the application for a hunt, using a POS device at a license agent location.
(10) "Upload" means the transfer, over telephone lines, of electronic data from the POS device to the department. (22 Ky.R. 1176; Am. 1456; eff. 2-12-96.)