RELATES TO: KRS 150.010(40), 150.025(1), 150.305(1), 150.330, 150.340(1), (3), 150.600(1), 150.990, 59 C.F.R. 20
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.025(1), 150.600(1), 50 C.F.R. 20
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 150.025(1) authorizes the department to make administrative regulations which apply to a limited area or to the entire state. This administrative regulation establishes waterfowl hunting zones.
Section 1. Goose Hunting Zones. (1) The Western Goose Zone includes Henderson County and the portion of Kentucky west of:
(a) US 60 from the Henderson-Union County line to US 641;
(b) US 641 to Interstate 24;
(c) Interstate 24 to the Purchase Parkway; and
(d) The Purchase Parkway.
(2) The Ballard Zone includes the portion of Ballard County north or west of:
(a) The Ballard-McCracken County line to State Road 358;
(b) State Road 358 to US 60;
(c) US 60 to the city limits of Wickliffe;
(d) The city limits of Wickliffe to the center of the Mississippi River.
(3) Counties associated with the Ballard Reporting Area include:
(a) The portion of Ballard County not included in the Ballard Zone;
(b) Carlisle and McCracken Counties; and
(c) The portions of Fulton, Graves, Hickman and Marshall Counties in the Western Goose Zone.
(4) The Henderson-Union Zone includes Henderson County and the portion of Union County in the Western Goose Zone.
(5) Counties associated with the Henderson-Union Zone include those portions of Crittenden, Livingston and Lyon Counties in the Western Goose Zone.
(6) The Pennyroyal-Coalfield Goose Zone includes the area from the Western Goose Zone to and including Simpson, Warren, Butler, Ohio, and Daviess Counties.
(7) The Eastern Goose Zone includes the portions of Kentucky not included in the Western or Pennyroyal-Coalfield Goose Zones.
(8) The West-Central Special Hunt Zone includes:
(a) Muhlenberg County;
(b) Ohio County south of Rough River;
(c) Butler County west of Highway 79 and north of Highway 70;
(d) Hopkins County:
1. East of Highways 814 and 109;
2. South of US 41A between Highways 814 and Madisonville; and
3. South of Highway 85 east of Madisonville.
(9) The Northeast Special Hunt Zone includes Bath, Menifee, Morgan and Rowan Counties, except Paintsville Lake and its shoreline in Morgan County.
Section 2. Duck, Coot, and Merganser Hunting Zones. (1) The Western Duck Zone includes the portion of Kentucky in the Western and Pennyroyal-Coalfield Goose Zones.
(2) The Eastern Duck Zone includes the portion of Kentucky not in the Western Duck Zone. (21 Ky.R. 1804; eff. 2-22-95; Am. 22 Ky.R. 1681; eff. 5-16-96; 23 Ky.R. 2848; eff. 3-12-97; 39 Ky.R. 1308; eff. 3-8-2013.)