301 KAR 1:019. Cedar Creek Lake.
RELATES TO: KRS 150.025, 150.620, 150.625, 150.640
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.025
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 150.025 and 150.620 authorize the department to promulgate administrative regulations restricting the use of state recreational areas. This administrative regulation establishes the safety procedures for multiple use of state waters to ensure noninterference with the primary users, fishermen.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Buffer zone" means the area from the lake pool level of Cedar Creek Lake to a the marked boundary.
Section 2. Prohibited Activities in the Buffer Zone. No one shall construct, alter, or place any structure of any kind within the buffer zone. The following structures and items are specifically prohibited:
(1) Private boat ramps;
(2) Private stairways or permanent steps;
(3) Private boat docks, boat houses, or fishing piers;
(4) Roadways, turnarounds or parking for vehicular traffic;
(5) Motorized vehicular traffic, including all terrain vehicles;
(6) Electric lines, water lines, or other public or private utilities without prior approval;
(7) Removal or destruction of vegetation by any means;
(10) Painting of trees, stumps, or rock outcrops;
(11) Picnic tables, swings, patios, or signs;
(12) Flower or vegetable gardens;
(13) Livestock grazing or watering;
(14) Camping, except in designated areas; and
(15) Use or placement of mechanical equipment.
Section 3. Footpaths that provide access to the lake and are less than five (5) feet in width are permitted. Vegetation less than one (1) inch in diameter may be removed to develop a footpath. Only wood chips or similar natural material may be used to surface and maintain footpaths.
Section 4. Water withdrawal from Cedar Creek Lake is prohibited for public or private purposes.
Section 5. Activities on Cedar Creek Lake. (1) Swimming is prohibited except in designated areas.
(2) Water skiing and tubing are prohibited on the lake.
Section 6. Boat Restrictions. (1) Only monohull boats that do not exceed a maximum center length of twenty-two (22) feet are permitted on the lake. Pontoon boats are permitted on the lake, but their length shall not exceed thirty (30) feet.
(2) Personal watercraft and houseboats are not permitted on the lake. (27 Ky.R. 3467; Am. 28 Ky.R. 353; eff. 8-15-2001; 29 Ky.R. 2126; 2453; eff. 4-11-03.)