301 KAR 1:018. Use of boating access areas.
RELATES TO: KRS 150.620, 235.315, 433.757
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: KRS 150.025, 150.620, 235.280
NECESSITY, FUNCTION, AND CONFORMITY: KRS 150.620 grants the department authority to establish public shooting and fishing grounds and similar or related recreational facilities. KRS 235.280 authorizes the department to promulgate administrative regulations to govern the fair, reasonable, equitable and safe use of the waters of this state. This administrative regulation establishes the activities that are not allowed at boating access areas.
Section 1. Definitions. (1) "Boating access area" means property owned or managed by the department and identified by signs as a public facility for launching and retrieving boats, including:
(a) Ramps, parking lots, courtesy docks, and access roads; and
(b) A zone extending fifty (50) feet into the water adjacent to the department property described in paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(2) "Camp" means to pitch a tent or to remain overnight in a vehicle or trailer.
Section 2. At a boating access area, a person shall not:
(1) Engage in an activity that would interfere with:
(a) Launching or retrieving a boat; or
(b) Parking a vehicle used to transport a boat to the area;
(2) Except as necessary to launch or retrieve a boat:
(a) Swim or wade;
(b) Moor or anchor watercraft; or
(c) Operate watercraft at greater than idle speed;
(3) Discharge firearms;
(4) Build or maintain a fire;
(6) Without permission from the department:
(a) Solicit; or
(b) Advertise; or
(7) Engage in a commercial activity;
(8) Park in a way that obstructs the normal flow of traffic; or
(9) Consume alcoholic beverages or possess open alcoholic beverages containers. (26 Ky.R. 2113; Am. 27 Ky.R. 73; eff. 7-17-2000.)